The Coal Authority is continuously working towards increasing the accessibility and usability of the site; if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, or if you have difficulty using any part of it, please contact us. Your feedback is really important in helping us make the site more usable for everyone.
Our website complies with best practise and has been designed to be compatible with the recent version of the following screen readers:
This site should be compatible with assistive technologies, in addition there is accessibility software available which can help you get the most out of this site. Should you experience any difficulties whilst using this site please let us know by contacting us, your feedback will help improve the experience for all users.
Making the text bigger
You can make the text bigger by adjusting your browser settings. Depending on which software you’re using, this can be done in the following ways.
- Using Internet Explorer, go to the gear icon and select zoom, choose the size you prefer.
- Using Edge, go to the menu and select zoom, choose the size you prefer.
- Using Firefox, go to the View menu, select Zoom and then either Increase Ctrl + +, Decrease Ctrl + – or Normal Ctrl + 0.
- Using Opera, View > Zoom > and select the size you want
- Using Google Chrome, go to the menu and select zoom, choose the size you prefer.
- Using Safari you can zoom in and out on text and images by holding down the Command ⌘ key and pressing the + or – key. Alternatively you can increase or decrease text size by selecting Zoom in or Zoom out in the View menu.
AbilityNet also has many useful articles about making your device easier to use.
What are PDFs and how can I read them?
PDF stands for Portable Document File. You need a plug-in called Adobe Reader to view these files which you can download for free from Adobe’s website. Users who have concerns about accessibility should visit Adobe’s accessibility website.
How can I view a Word file if I don’t have Microsoft Word?
Microsoft recommends using Office Online, or the Word mobile app to view and print documents. Open source software to view Word files can be downloaded from https://www.openoffice.org/
If you would like a document in an alternative format including large print, braille or in an alternative language, please contact our Communications team by post, telephone or email.
The Coal Authority
200 Lichfield Lane
Telephone: 0345 762 6848