Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we’ve got plenty to offer you in return.
We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile.
The benefits of working for us
The Coal Authority is a great place to work.
Along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer the following benefits:
- Civil Service Pension Scheme – a new employee earning between £23,001- £45,500 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 27.1% plus any contributions from the HMRC, for more information go to Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time – our core hours are 10am to 12 noon and 2pm to 4pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives including enhanced maternity and paternity entitlement and shared parental leave
- Health friendly initiatives
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family