CON29Mcoal mining report
Our Coal Authority official CON29M is the industry leading coal mining report for the conveyancing and property markets.
Updated to the very latest Law Society guidance, our report is a vital tool for detailing key coal mining risks when handling residential and non-residential property transactions.
Our report highlights key information specific to a property, at a glance – enabling faster and better informed decisions.
What’s included in our official CON29M report?
- our professional opinion delivers reassurance to clients, insurers and lenders alike by outlining current or potential coal mining risks
- our concise and handy glossary of mining terms to explain key terms to the homebuyer
- we include additional details on appropriate mine entries, future known development and advice on obtaining a coal mining risk assessment
- each report gives direct links to access relevant interpretive follow on reports
- every report looks particularly for details on:
- underground and opencast coal mining
- mine entries
- coal mining geology
- coal mining subsidence
- mine gas
- surface hazards related to coal mining
- historical rights to coal (non-residential only)
Why choose coal mining reports from the Coal Authority?
Our mining information database, sources information from over 360,000 original mine abandonment plans, dating as far back as the 1700s. Our mining reports source their information from detailed records of over 173,500 mine entries recorded across Britain.
Our unique Geographical Information System (GIS) contains comprehensive data to accurately describe the known and suspected risks associated with past coal mining.
With 1 in 4 properties in Britain sitting on the coalfield, it’s no surprise that we’re known as a trusted provider of coal mining information, reports and advisory services to the legal and property sectors.
Downloads and other resources
Download the product card
To find out more about the changes and improvements to our new industry leading report you can visit here to view CON29M webinar.
Other mining reports from the Coal Authority
To find out more about our other Coal Authority mining reports, please visit here.